Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Day two

          It's has now been 48 hours that I've been a dad to a baby boy. I know that really I've been a dad to him this whole time. It does though, feel like he has no past. To me it's like we lost a little girl and have adopted this very amazing little boy. It is fun and giving him the past by seeing the signs that were there that pointed to boy. Things think his love of guitar and the rapper Eminem. People have asked me if I was disappointed and i don't know really how to answer that one. On one hand, yes I am but only because I thought for so long he was a she. When we went to get the ultrasound I did not care what we were having. I love this little man to death and he has been, is and always will be my little boy. Now on the other hand I'm not at all disappointed. Again, not that I was not wanting a girl but now we boys out number mommy. Plus Lego's and not barbies is always a good thing. I also won't have to have to much pink stuff taking over our apartment.
         There are some funny things that we keep finding though all this that just make us laugh. I think the funniest one for me is that through this whole time Lillie has been praying for our babies husband. It makes me smile every time i think about it. It is amazing to know that God is so much bigger than we think we know. It also makes me glad to know that God is sovereign. To know that even though we were prayng for "Olivia's husband" God knows to prepare a wife for him. It's just some of these little things that show me how we only get to see a layer of the onion until God peels back more. I'm so glad God is much greater than I know Him to be. It's been and will keep being a great trip learning about how big our God is. I think for so long I've put what God can do in a box and said "here are Your limets God you can't do more than that". I'm now seeing God is amazing and how big He is. I know with this little man there's a lot more to learn. I pray He never stops teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment